Friday 22 June 2012

Initial Ideas for Unit Three

From my previous work, I have leaned that I have a predilection for portraiture and figure work. I would therefore like these elements to form the main subject matter for my forthcoming work. I enjoy painting using traditional media such as acrylic or oil paints, the latter of which I intend to refine my skill in using, and eventually replace acrylics as my default media of choice. I wish to carry forwards the experiments in thickly, loosely applied paint from my Unit Two work, as well as some of the grandeur from my Unit One, although hopefully shedding the clunkiness and dull style of painting.

As aforementioned, I wish to focus on portraiture and figurative work, although I do not wish for the accurate/evocative reproduction of the human subjects of these works to be the main or only concept of the paintings. I would like to find a way of expressing ideas or concepts I am interested in through the symbolic use of portraiture work.

No comments:

Post a Comment