Thursday 5 July 2012

Ageing, Youth and Beauty

Ageing and youthfulness, and their correlation with a concept of beauty may be something that I could explore as a proposal for my Unit Three work. This may perhaps allow me work in many of the diverse sources of inspiration contained in my previous posts. I could explore my personal dilemma of balancing beauty with truth in my artwork, still use some of the muses which I have identified as typically inspiring to me, and could also work in some of the deeper meaning epitomised in Much's paintings by exploring attitudes to age, youth and vanity. This may also provide and opportunity for some self-portraiture work. I could explore age and youth in its extremes, or could also focus on the considerable physical ageing which occurs in the brief span of years of childhood and adolescence.

Key words from this somewhat messy late-night splatter of thoughts seem to be: Youth, Beauty, Ageing and Vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment